Hurricane: Resources for After the Storm
My office is here to help - you can always call my Mt. Pleasant office at 843-352-7572 or my Beaufort office at 843-521-2530.
A few additional resources that can help you after a natural disaster:
- Dominion Energy SC Customer Service: 1-800-251-7234
- Downed/Sparking Lines: 1-888-333-4465
- Power Outage: 1-888-333-4465
- Gas Leaks: 1-800-815-0083
- Or sign up ahead of the storm for mobile outage reporting at https://www.DominionEnergySC.com/outages-emergencies/power-outages/text-message-reporting
Also beneficial for tracking outages and restoration:
Dominion Energy Outage Map: https://www.DominionEnergySC.com/outages-emergencies/power-outages/outage-map
*Please do not use social media channels to report outages or share personal information
Taxpayers in affected areas may be eligible for tax relief from the IRS. Learn more about IRS assistance here.
Disaster Recovery Loans
The U.S. Small Business Administration may provide various disaster loans to qualifying South Carolinians. More information about SBA disaster loans here.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance
South Carolinians who are unemployed as a result of a disaster, and who are ineligible for regular state unemployment insurance, are encouraged to apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) through the U.S. Department of Labor. For additional information about DUA here or call 1-866-487-2365.
To submit a claim to FEMA visit or call:
Phone: 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362)